...if only to remember...

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Midnight Monologue

I give up, Renee won't call night maintenance because she never calls night maintenance...except that one time my heat was off and it was January (then they removed my air-conditioner from the window and sealed them two days later and I learned what it felt like to be a roast in the oven)...I'm going to hope my freezer manages to hold and that the excess of ice and vodka will radiate cold to all my butter and European chocolate...not to mention all my frozen foods that were already chilling out up there...sadly, it was already too late for the cheese and I have a feeling the eggs followed, I was probably going to dump those in a couple days anyways, so that one loss won't be mourned...the rest however will...especially if my beers get skunked...that would suck...as I've now been up for 20 hours straight, I pretty much have no choice but to give in to the loss and get some sleep (especially since I've really only known about it for half an hour when I decided I wanted some juice)...*never mind: maintenance dude just came and said it's getting cold again...I'm moving this to my blog since I finally remembered my password




This was written in the facebook status box while I tried to convince myself into actually going to bed and accepting the loss of my cold foods. Renee is the emergency maintenance dispatcher...she calls and leaves messages with the on call guys...most of whom sleep through her calls or never get them (because she just doesn't make them, like the one time I was locked out and sat half an hour on the phone with her wondering where the lock out guy was because it was February and I was locked out...some random person let me in the front door, turns out my keys were in my door all day and no one bothered to walk into my apartment while I was gone...I'm not quite sure I'd ever be so goodhearted).

Oh, btw: the maintenance guy is wrong...the freezer is getting colder, the place where the air comes from in the fridge is just as unproductive as before...

now, I'll sleep...I wish my apartment was a giant fridge, then i could curl up nice and cozy in a sleeping bag and pass the fuck out.

No comments:

Post a Comment